Search for an Item:
PARAGON Sentry Xpress 3-Key Controller for Ceramics
We simplify high-temperature firings so you can immerse yourself in creating breathtaking ware. The powerful little Sentry Xpress version 4 micro processor is packed with features. On ceramic kilns, the controller includes Cone-Fire and 8-segment Ramp-Hold modes to give you amazing flexibility in firing your kiln. On glass and jewelry kilns, the controller includes Single-Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold modes.
- Cone-Fire mode fires your clay and glazes to a pyrometric cone. Simply enter the recommended cone number and a firing speed of Fast, Medium, or Slow. Let the controller do the thinking for you.
- Ramp-Hold mode lets you program custom firings with up to 8 steps, or segments. Fire exotic glazes such as crystallines, or slow the cooling to enhance certain glazes. Enjoy brilliant colors that were once thought impossible in electric firing.
- Skip Segment skips past a segment during Ramp-Hold firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) maintains a specific temperature in both Cone-Fire and Ramp-Hold modes. Some artists use Hold to increase color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing in either mode without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change Target Temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Program Review lets you check that the program you are about to fire is correct.
- Temperature Alarm can be programmed to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Set the alarm to remind yourself to close a vented lid or to check the kiln before the expected shutoff time.
- Storage Memory Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Delay can be set to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Instruction Manual is written in plain English. This colorful, illustrated manual will guide you through each step.
- Quick Start Guide shows programming instructions for both firing modes. Place it on the wall near your kiln for easy reference.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay, temporary power failure during firing, or a broken element.
- 12-Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Quick Release Connectors on the back of the controller permit fast removal without tools.